What a lovely, happy, pretty festival.
This weekend I visited the magical enchanting woodland party spot that was Somerley Tea Party – a boutique underground electronic music festival. STP is a new festival, on the outskirts of the New Forest, taking place in the heart of the grounds of Old Somerley.
The festival location was absolutely perfect. There were high walls surrounding the main grass area, or you could walk through the walls and off in to the enchanted woods, full of decoration, stalls and cocktail bars. With a great line up featuring artists like Eats Everything and Ben Pearce, it was a sunny portal transporting me right in to a summery world of fun and dancing.
And what a perfect place to wear my gorgeous summery Ragged Priest Sample Sale jacket, which arrived that very morning (as seen above – bargain!!)… I was definitely in my element.
Best things about Somerley Tea Party
- It was sunny! – OK, the organisers didn’t control this… but it definitely kick started everyone’s summers!
- No drinks were over £5 and water was completely free – Nothing worse than having to pay extortionate amounts at festivals for water when it’s hot and everyone is getting dehydrated
- Obviously the music…. great line up, amazing summer vibes
- The location – Couldn’t have asked for a better location for a one day festival… gorgeously decorated… spacious… (woods were very Boomtown-like)
– The festival could have done with a couple more food stalls, there were only a couple and I love my festival food(!)… and maybe a few more toilets, but they are my only reservations!
A glorious little festival… I would absolutely recommend going in 2015!